LET US TAKE THE GUESS WORK OUT OF YOUR NEXT STUCCO REMOVAL PROJECT!
At The City Painters we are dedicated to providing top quality Stucco removal services to our customers. Our crew will work around your schedule to ensure as little disruption as possible.
Our services include the following:
- Popcorn ceiling removal
- Exterior stucco removal
- Ceiling and wall resurfacing
- Drywall repairs
All of the above can be a messy process but our professional crew will ensure that the mess is kept to a minimum. We are committed to providing the highest level of quality on each of our jobs and will work with you to ensure the final product is exactly what you envisioned.
TESTIMONIALS FROM OUR HAPPY CUSTOMERS
I hired The City Painters to remove the Stucco at the side of my house. They were very professional and completed the job on time and within budget. The crew was friendly and very respectful of my home. I was extremely happy with the end product.Carole O’Neil
We had a hard time finding a company that was able to do the Stucco removal that we needed completed within the timeframe we required. Matthew and his team had no problem accommodating us and they worked overtime to get the job done. We were very happy with the end product!Eddie Bancroft
WHY CHOOSE THE CITY PAINTERS?
- Professional Painters
- WSIB Insured
- Liability Insurance
- Fast, Friendly Service
- Eco Friendly Option
- Competitive Prices
BENEFITS OF REMOVING STUCCO FROM CEILING
Stucco ceilings are also commonly known as popcorn ceilings. The application of Stucco to ceilings normally occurs in bedroom and residential hallway areas as it has noise reduction qualities and hides imperfections. The main disadvantage of this type of ceiling is that is it very hard to clean. Over time, dust and grime will build up on the ceiling and particles may begin to fall to the floor. Popcorn ceilings can also sometimes give a room a dated appearance which reduces the value of a home. Removing or shaving it from a ceiling surface has the following benefits:
- Make your room look bigger and brighter. Flat white ceilings give the appearance of a more open space and brighten up a room in general.
- Make the ceiling easier to clean. Flat ceiling surfaces do not tend to get as dusty as Stucco ceilings and simply require a little vacuuming from time-to-time.
- Easier to Paint. Change your mind about your ceiling colour? Not a problem with a flat ceiling. These surfaces are easier and cheaper to paint.
HOW TO REMOVE STUCCO
Feel like a bit of a challenge and want to remove the Stucco from a ceiling surface yourself? Here is a quick How-To that may help and we’ve included some tips and tricks as well.
1. Cover the Area – Removing it is a messy process and before starting anything, make sure every surface is covered in plastic including your floors, walls and any furniture.
2. Wet the Ceiling – You can purchase a sprayer at your local hardware store which should make this process faster and easier. If you don’t have a sprayer, you can also use a large, wet sponge. Ensure that the entire ceiling surface is wet before continuing.
3. Removal Process– Grab a putty knife and start at the area of the ceiling where you first started applying water. Glide the knife across the ceiling surface in long, slow, even strokes. This will help reduce the amount of drywall damage. If you find that it is not coming off easily, then wet the surface again. Continue doing this until all of it has been removed.
4. Fix any Texturing – Once you have removed all the Stucco, you may need to patch a few areas where the ceiling is textured or indented with dry-wall putty. Ensure that all patches are sanded smooth prior to paint application.
5. Prime the Ceiling – Before you paint the surface, ensure that the entire ceiling is primed with a quality primer. This will help the paint adhere to the surface better.
6. Call in a Professional – Sometimes it’s just easier to let a professional do it. The City Painters would be happy to help!.