LET US HELP YOU WITH YOUR WALLPAPER REMOVAL PROJECT TODAY!
One of the many services that The City Painters provides is the removal of wallpaper. Removing wallpaper can often be a daunting task but our trained professionals make this process look easy. We offer the following wallpaper-related services:
- Old wall paper removal
- Wallpaper glue removal
- Painting over wallpaper
- Drywall repair (if necessary)
No job is too large or too small for us and we will work with you to ensure the finished product is exactly what you expected. Let The City Painters help you with your wallpaper removal today!
LET’S HEAR FROM OUR CUSTOMERS!
Matthew and his team were fantastic! They were very respectful of my home and always on time in the mornings. They were able to complete all the work on time and at a very reasonable price. I would definitely recommend The City Painters to family and friends.Johnathan R.
We recently moved into a new house that had hideous wallpaper throughout. The City Painters was able to remove all of it and paint everything before we moved in which we didn’t think was going to be possible. The work was done quickly and we were really impressed with the quality.Laura T.
WHY CHOOSE THE CITY PAINTERS?
- Professional Painters
- WSIB Insured
- Liability Insurance
- Fast, Friendly Service
- Eco Friendly Option
- Competitive Prices
WHY YOU SHOULD REMOVE WALLPAPER
The removal of wallpaper can be a slow and messy process but it can completely transform a space. Most older wallpaper can make a room look dated and busy. Here are a few reasons why you may want to consider removing your wallpaper.
- Make the room look more modern. Older wallpaper designs are often very busy and can make a room look dated. Removing the wallpaper in a room can give the space a cleaner, more sleeker look
- Increase home value. Removing wallpaper can increase the value of your home as it is less desirable to homebuyers.
- Decorating is easy. When a room has wallpaper, the décor of the room is normally chosen around the wallpaper. By removing the wallpaper, the room becomes a blank space that you can decorate exactly how you want.
HOW TO REMOVE WALLPAPER
Removing wallpaper can be a slow and messy process but it is not impossible to do yourself. Here are some easy steps that you can do yourself to remove it.
- Prep the Area. Ensure that drop cloths are used against all wall surfaces and that all outlet covers are
removed. It may also be a good idea to cut the power in the room as you will be applying liquid to the wall.
- Score the Wall. You can purchase a wallpaper scorer from your local hardware store. Run the scorer
along the wallpaper which will create small holes in the paper which allow the solution to seep through to the adhesive.
- Apply Solution. You can also purchase a stripping solution from your local hardware store. Mix the
solution are instructed if required and use a spray bottle to apply to solution to the wall surface. Ensure that the paper is completely saturated when applying the solution. It may be easier to work in small sections.
- Remove the Paper. Once the paper is saturated, you can use a sharp-edged tool to gently lift the paper away from the wall and then use your finger to pull the paper away from the wall using an upwards motion.
- Wash the Wall. It is important to give the walls a good scrubbing once you have removed all the wall
paper. This will ensure that all of the adhesive has been completed removed. Use a little dish detergent in very hot water for scrubbing and then rinse the walls with water once you’re done to remove any detergent.