LET US TAKE THE GUESS WORK OUT OF EXTERIOR PAINTING!
You can be confident that The City Painters will complete your exterior painting project on time and within budget. Our professional painters have all had lots of experience working on exterior projects and are more than capable of painting those hard-to-reach exterior areas. Our professional painters are insured under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and carry liability insurance as well.
Our exterior painters use only premium-grade products and our application methods are in line with manufacturer specifications. Have a tricky surface that needs to be painted? We will work with you to find the right paint product for all of your house painting exterior needs.
POPULAR EXTERIOR PAINTING SERVICES
At The City Painters we offer both residential and commercial exterior painting services to the Greater Toronto Area. Services offered by our team of experts include:
LET’S HEAR FROM OUR CUSTOMERS!
I have a very high peak at the top of my townhouse that really needed painting and there was no way that I could do it myself. We hired The City Painters and I did not have to worry about a thing. It looks great now.David N.
A few years ago we thought it would be a great idea to paint our backyard fence ourselves and we learned our lesson. The paint started peeling within a matter of weeks. This time we hired Matthew and his team and we could not be happier. Their work is fantastic.George T.
WHY CHOOSE THE CITY PAINTERS?
- Professional Painters
- WSIB Insured
- Liability Insurance
- Fast, Friendly Service
- Eco Friendly Option
- Competitive Prices
EXTERIOR HOUSE PAINTING TIPS
A fresh coat of paint can make a faded house look fresh again however, it is important to note that painting exterior surfaces is not the same as interior surfaces. Exterior painting offers different challenges and can often be tricky to do. Below are a list of tips and tricks to help make painting exterior surfaces easier.
- Try not to paint any exterior surfaces if the temperature drops below 10°C/50°F or is above 30°C/86°F. Painting when the weather is too hot can cause blistering of the paint. Certain higher-end paints may increase the temperature range but it is always best to check with the manufacturer when deviating from this range.
- It is best to paint exterior surfaces on cloudy days as the exterior surface will not be in direct sunlight.
- Make sure the area being painted is clean and dry before you start. Whether you decide to pressure wash the surface or take a scrubbing brush to it by hand, the surface must be completely clean, dry and dust-free prior to getting started. This will ensure proper paint adhesion.
- Make sure you are using the right paint for the kind of exterior surface. Some of the different exterior surfaces include clapboard, aluminum siding, stucco, concrete, brick, etc.
- Start exterior painting jobs on the west side and move towards the east. This will help you avoid the sun as much as possible as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
- Making sure you have a ladder large enough is very important. If your ladder is too small, it may lead to injuries or an uneven finish. If you do not own a ladder tall enough and do not wish to purchase one, most home improvement stores offer ladder rentals.
- Try not to paint vinyl in dark colours as dark colours absorb heat and may warp the siding over time.
WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME TO PAINT EXTERIOR SURFACES?
Our exterior painting company serves the greater Toronto area and we understand how the weather in the city can fluctuate drastically year-to-year. Spring is normally the best time to schedule your exterior painting projects. This is because the weather is normally mild and most people are still putting their gardens together so there is minimal risk of ruining your flowers.
Exterior painting can be completed on any dry day when the temperature is above 10°C/50°F. The weather can impact paint adhesion so it is very important that you check the weather forecast before you start. If you are painting exterior wood like on decks or fences, it is important that you have had at least two dry days before you start painting and there will be no rain for at least a day after you are finished. Wood tends to absorb moisture so if it is not completely dry before you start painting, the paint may not adhere as well.
Painting exteriors in the summer is also an option but try to avoid painting on very hot or humid days. If you are planning your project for the summer, choose a day that is fairly mild or start working in the morning when it is cooler.