It’s hard to describe the importance of a quality exterior paint job. You can spend a fortune creating a lovely garden, a perfectly manicured lawn, and a smooth, level driveway, only to have all of that beauty and symmetry ruined by a shoddy paint job done with an inappropriate colour. Your home is the centerpiece of your property and it needs to look good for everything else to fall into place and provide the look and feel you’re aiming for.
Like it or not, one of the first things that stands out when someone sees a home is the colour. Those first impressions really count, especially when your home is on the market. You’re far more likely to generate the approval you want, not to mention your desired asking price, if the home’s colour is a proper fit for its design and the neighbourhood. Careful paint application is also crucial; sloppiness can stand out like a spotlight and make viewers wonder if this degree of carelessness also extends to the home’s interior.
Once you’ve chosen your colour, let the City Painters take over. You can be confident that we will complete your exterior painting project on time and within budget. Our professional painters have extensive experience working on exterior projects and are more than capable of doing those hard-to-reach exterior areas.
They know to take every precaution to ensure the safety of your possessions and property. We back up that pledge by having all City Painters technicians carry both Workplace Safety and Insurance Board coverage, and liability insurance.
Our exterior painters use only premium-grade products and our application methods are right in line with manufacturer specifications. We will work with you to find the right paint product for all of your exterior house painting needs.
Have a tricky surface that needs to be painted? No problem! We know that to do a job right, you must do it with care. We have the equipment, experience, and professionalism to give you the exterior look that will make your home an object of considerable pride.
At the City Painters, we offer both residential and commercial exterior painting services to the Greater Toronto Area. Contact us today to learn more about how our team of experts can help you with such projects as:
I have a very high peak at the top of my townhouse that really needed painting and there was no way that I could do it myself. We hired the City Painters and I did not have to worry about a thing. It looks great now.
A few years ago, we thought it would be a great idea to paint our backyard fence ourselves and we learned our lesson. The paint started peeling within a matter of weeks. This time, we hired Matthew and his team and we could not be happier. Their work is fantastic.
Fast, Friendly Service
Eco Friendly Option
A fresh coat of paint can make a faded house look fresh again however, it is important to note that painting exterior surfaces is not the same as interior surfaces. Exterior painting offers different challenges and can often be tricky to do. Below are a list of tips and tricks to help make painting exterior surfaces easier.
- Try not to paint any exterior surfaces if the temperature drops below 10°C/50°F or is above 30°C/86°F. Painting when the weather is too hot can cause blistering of the paint. Certain higher-end paints may increase the temperature range but it is always best to check with the manufacturer when deviating from this range.
- It is best to paint exterior surfaces on cloudy days as the exterior surface will not be in direct sunlight.
- Make sure the area being painted is clean and dry before you start. Whether you decide to pressure wash the surface or take a scrubbing brush to it by hand, the surface must be completely clean, dry and dust-free prior to getting started. This will ensure proper paint adhesion.
- Make sure you are using the right paint for the kind of exterior surface. Some of the different exterior surfaces include clapboard, aluminum siding, stucco, concrete, brick, etc.
- Start exterior painting jobs on the west side and move towards the east. This will help you avoid the sun as much as possible as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
- Making sure you have a ladder large enough is very important. If your ladder is too small, it may lead to injuries or an uneven finish. If you do not own a ladder tall enough and do not wish to purchase one, most home improvement stores offer ladder rentals.
- Try not to paint vinyl in dark colours as dark colours absorb heat and may warp the siding over time.
Our exterior painting company serves the greater Toronto area and we understand how the weather in the city can fluctuate drastically year-to-year. Spring is normally the best time to schedule your exterior painting projects. This is because the weather is normally mild and most people are still putting their gardens together so there is minimal risk of ruining your flowers.
Exterior painting can be completed on any dry day when the temperature is above 10°C/50°F. The weather can impact paint adhesion so it is very important that you check the weather forecast before you start. If you are painting exterior wood like on decks or fences, it is important that you have had at least two dry days before you start painting and there will be no rain for at least a day after you are finished. Wood tends to absorb moisture so if it is not completely dry before you start painting, the paint may not adhere as well.
Painting exteriors in the summer is also an option but try to avoid painting on very hot or humid days. If you are planning your project for the summer, choose a day that is fairly mild or start working in the morning when it is cooler.